There are two kinds of referrals:
- Medical Referral
- This means that your pediatrician will recommend that your child see a specialist for a particular medical problem and help arrange the appointment.
- Insurance Referral
- This is the process that our office staff undertakes to ensure that the specialist visit is covered by your insurance company.
Please speak with your child's physician before making an appointment with a specialist since there are many conditions we can easily treat in our office.
If you need to see a specialist, please call our office and we will assist you in setting up a specialist appointment.
If your child needs to see a specialist, your insurance company may require a referral number prior to the visit. Once you have made the appointment with the specialist, please contact our office with the following information:
- Your child's name, date of birth, and insurance policy information
- Name of the physician specialist who will be seeing your child
- The date of the specialist appointment
- The NPI number of the specialist (the specialist's office will tell you that number, so ask for the NPI number when you make the appointment).